What Is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive skin care treatment performed by dermatologists, aestheticians and plastic surgeons. It involves the introduction of fine punctures into the top layer of the skin in a controlled fashion to stimulate collagen formation. This collagen formation in turn supports the production of elastin and hyaluronic acid. It is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy.
Collagen is the building block protein of our skin that reduces with age. Stimulating its production offers permanent reduction in wrinkles, fine lines and scars. The Elastin protein production increases the formation of tighter, more firm and youthful skin. Hyaluronic Acid is found in many cosmetic products due to its properties of allowing skin to retain moisture while giving it a glowing and refreshed appearance.
What is PRP?
PRP is a therapy that has been around for years in the sports medicine realm. It has been shown to regenerate muscle, nerve and skin cells. It is a very safe option, as it is derived from your own blood. Topically, it absorbs into the skin increasing the collagen and elastin formation while also speeding up the healing process. When combined with microneedling, the absorption is superior.
How is Microneedling with PRP Performed?
The process of Microneedling Livermore follows these steps:
1. Numbing cream is applied topically to the treatment area.
2. A small amount of blood is extracted and then spun via a centrifuge to separate out the platelets.
3. Microneedling is performed utilizing a tool with tiny needles to create microchannels into the skin. The skincare professional evaluates the goals of treatment to select the appropriate needle size in order to maximize desired benefits.
4. PRP is applied directly over the skin allowing it to absorb deep into the dermis, maximizing absorption and effectiveness.
5. You are sent home with PRP to utilize again the next morning to continue the healing and recovery process.
What Results Can You Expect From Microneedling with PRP?
Microneedling Livermore generates immediate noticeable improvements to your skin. These initial benefits are a firmness and radiance generating an immediate glowing appearance. As the healing progresses over the course of a month, these benefits will be evident:
- Reduction in Fine Lines.
- Reduction in Wrinkles.
- Improved Tone & Texture.
- Persistent Improved Hydration.
- Improved Tightness and Elasticity of the Skin.
- Persistent volumization of the Treated Skin.
Microneedling with PRP offers these amazing, permanent skin care benefits without the downtime typically associated with other treatment options that offer similar results. Call today to see if you are a candidate to explore Microneedling Livermore.